| After 20 years tom and Judie have decided that it is time to really retire and to pass the farm to
others who will take this special place to another level, whatever that may be. Of course, we
would love to find younger versions of ourselves with the visions that we have had for the farm.
But we do realize that this decision is not under our control.
This 98 acre piece of land would function well as a family compound with the farm house and,
farm cabin, Knob cabin and numerous other building sites.
It is also desirable as a market garden and nursery facility with 7 acres of land that could be
certified as organic for growing.
It also could be continued to be operated as we do, as a get away for couples and for families
that wish to share a rural/farm experience.
Briar Rose Farm
91 Duckett Top Tower Road
Hot Springs, North Carolina 28743
Basics: Briar Rose is a 98 +/- Acre old mountain farm located in the Spring Creek (Township 38)
section of Madison County off of Highway 63, two miles south of Trust, the intersection of Highway
63 and scenic Highway 209. It is 17 miles south of the town of Hot Springs at 3,000 feet. The
land is not surveyed and it at the entrance to a cove running north/south. A creek and a private
road run through it. There is approximately 4 acres of bottom land and 6 acres of tractor land is in
hay. Also on the property are a pond and a one acre fenced garden and smaller garden. 2011
Real estate Tax $1811
1. 1950’s Farm house, 3 BR, 1 Bath, Wood heat, 1368 square feet
2. Remodeled Farm house, 2 BR, 1 Bath, propane and wood stove insert heat, hot tub, large
covered porches and deck. Currently a vacation rental with 720 square feet and good rental
history. Furnished. Income in 2011 $17,270.
3. Park Model Log Cabin with large porches and deck, 1 BR, 1 Bath, with Hot Tub and
propane fireplace. Currently a vacation rental with 420 square feet and good rental history.
Furnished. Income $18,736 in 2011.
1. Tobacco Barn with cement floor and floored 2nd floor with electric. 36 X 42
2. Log Animal Barn with hayloft, 7 stalls and 2 loafing sheds, water and electric. Logs are
Chestnut. 48 X 48
3. Chicken Coop with water and electric. 25 X 20
4. Utility/garden shed 12 X 10. Old Grainery /storage Shed 12 X 10.
5. Large Wood Shop Building with electric. 20 X 32
6. Wood shed/ corn crib 15 X 20.
7. Machine Shed 30 X 50.
8. 2 Story “Country Store” building with bathroom and two upper rooms. Water and septic
to the building15 X 45 .
1. 26’ Park model Trailer used for housing intern or farm help. Water, electric and Septic to
2. . 24’ X 48’ Green house with propane, water, and electric. Tables and benches included
and small hydroelectric setup.
3. Small animal shed suitable for a few goats in outlying pasture.
4. Small “stable” suitable for sheltering horses in outlying pasture.
1. A Good spring and reservoir to lower farm house and cabin.
2. 2 Wells, one is artesian.
3. A cleared building site with nearby water and electric.
1. 6 acres in Hay
2. Blackberry and Red Raspberry bushes
3. Unharvested timber